Published on Thursday, 07 May 2015 05:18
The libraries at RITH are integral to RITH’s Mission. The libraries enable access to quality information, provide excellent learning spaces and services, and support the student's learning activities.
The libraries at RITH can provide you with access to a range of facilities and services and we are constantly updating books and journal to stay in line with current issues.
Operating hours of the library
Morning: 09:10 – 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 – 13:30
Afternoon: 13:30- 16:50
Library Service Terms and Conditions
- Membership is available to all the faculties, staff and students of RITH.
- Member Entitlements
- 2 books for each subject for one whole term (including reference books) and additional 2 books for a period of two weeks.
- During vacation the members are entitled to borrow 2 books for each subject and 2 leisure books.
- Faculty members can also borrow a maximum of 2 journals, magazines, periodicals, audio & video CDs, DVDs, etc. for a period of one week.
- Staff members are entitled to borrow maximum of two books (excluding reference books) for a period of one week only. If the books are subject related, preference will be given to faculties and students.
- Staff members can use the reference books, journals, magazines, periodicals, audio & video CDs, DVDs, etc. while in the library.
- The borrower is responsible for all items borrowed.
- Members are entitled to borrow a maximum of two books (excluding reference books) for a period of one week.
- Members can use the reference books, journals, magazines, periodicals, audio & video CDs, DVDs, etc. while in the library.
- Members can borrow restricted items with special (written) permission on special cases for a day and should be returned on time.
- Member Restrictions and Penalties
- Reference books, journals, magazines, periodicals, audio & video CDs, DVDs, etc will not be issued out,except to the faculty members.
- Items borrowed must be returned by the due date. Members are liable for any fines incurred due to the late return of items. The following fines apply to overdue items for all users:If members incur fines of Nu. 100 or more, all borrowing rights will be suspended until fees are paid.
- Nu. 10 per item per day for standard one week loan items.
- Nu. 20 per item per day for reference books (reference books will be issued to faculty members only)
- Nu. 20 per item per day for special loan items (if restricted items have to be borrowed with special permission on special cases).
- Any item can only be renewed twice to the same user. If the user wishes to borrow the item again, it should be made available to other members first, for at least one week, before the borrower can take the item on loan again (except for where there are sufficient copies available in the library).
- In case, a book is urgently required, the In-Charge of the Library may recall it at a short notice any time and such a book shall be returned immediately by the borrower.
- Members must report lost or damaged items immediately
- Mutilation of library material is a matter of disciplinary action, however, books accidentally damaged should be reported promptly so that suitable assessment may be made and damages paid.
- When Books are issued, borrowers should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the In- Charge of Library before leaving the Counter. On returning the books, if pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missingpages and shall accordingly be fined.
- Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same inany other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case, the last reader will be held responsible unless he shows the In-Charge of Library at the time of issue that the book had been previously marked or damaged. In the event of damage of any kind, the last reader will be liable to compensate for damage. Books will have to be replaced.
- In case of loss of book(s), the user shall either replace the book or pay double the market price of the lost book.
- If the library user fails to submit the replacement cost of lost or damaged material, this amount will be deducted from the stipend of the particular student. In case the stipulated amount exceeds the stipend, then the authorities reserve the rights to withhold the issuance of degree to the student concerned till he/she either replaces the lost book/material or pays the stipulated amount.
- The borrowers will not be able to borrow any library material until the books are replaced or that the required amount has been recovered from the borrower.
- The In-Charge of the Library has the authority to check the returned books and immediately stop the issuance or discontinue the library facility for the defaulters.
- General Rules
- Readers and visitors are not allowed to bring their belongings in the Library.
- Members have to put back the books/documents on the same shelf according to the serial number (if there is any)
- Users are responsible for complying with copyright act while photocopying Library documents. Copyright laws must not be infringed at all times
- Improper use of library facilities by a user will lead to the suspension/termination of his/ her membership.
- Silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the Library by all users and the Librarystaff. Every one shall ensure that no reader should feel disturbed in their study by any one.Sleeping, hot talk,un-necessary discussion, loud voice,disturbance / foot on tables & chairs / unbalanced talk with colleagues are not allowed in the library.
- Smoking and use of mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside theLibrary. If found, the membership as well the use of Library facilities may be suspended or will be liable to other disciplinary actions deemed appropriate.
- Use of edibles in the Library is strictly prohibited. Utmost care shall be taken by all to keepit clean.
- Memberswishing to use the library IT facilities must seek the permission of the Library In-charge and abide by relevant IT policies.
- Members shall return the loan items three days before they leave the institute campus for vacation/ graduation.
- The Library Rules and Regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.
We have facilities to allow library patrons to search our collection. For this we use OPAC. OPAC is the term is popular to describe a program which allows library users or library 'patrons' to search a library.
To search our library, click on the following link...